Litigation in all practice areas at all appellate levels in federal and state courts, and on administrative review.
Representation of insureds in personal injury, property damage, cargo claims, employment, premises liability, and motor vehicle actions.
Defending class action litigation, including commercial employment and corporate claims.
Business tort, contract and collection claims, antitrust litigation, environmental impairment, arbitrations, and mediations.
Representation of lenders, financial institutions, and businesses in debt collection, mortgage foreclosure (residential and commercial), bankruptcy, breach of contract, eviction, trials, arbitration, mediation, loan modification, and loan workouts.
Defense of employment practices litigation, representation of employers before administrative and regulatory agencies, internal investigations, handling and defending U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour investigations, defense of whistleblower (STAA) actions, representing employers before administrative and regulatory agencies.
- Trade Secrets
Insurance claim counsel, reinsurance, coverage analysis and litigation, defense of extra-contractual claims, personal injury defense, subrogation, arbitrations, and mediations.
- Insurance Coverage
- Coverage Analysis
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
General counsel to motor carriers, property brokers, private fleets and insurers of logistics risks, Carmack claims and litigation, legal risk management, regulatory compliance (DOL and DOT), contract review and drafting, and commercial driver's license (CDL) suspension and revocation.
Emerson & Elder provides legal services to those in the entertainment industries. The firm focuses on contracts, intellectual property, negotiation, mediation and litigation.
Whether you are a small startup entertainment company looking to negotiate deals or an independent artist or a production in need of counsel, Emerson & Elder can support and facilitate your film, television, music, publishing and advertising objectives.
We view our role as business partner and counsel to our clients. Your success is our success. Some of our capabilities are:
- Preparing all corporate formation documentation to successfully create and run your company, including protection of your personal interests and creative product.
- Acting as Production Counsel on anticipated and existing productions, including procurement of appropriate insurance to manage liability and financial risk.
- Drafting and negotiating development and production contracts, such as writer agreements, talent agreements, insurance policies, assumption of risk clauses, licensing agreements, royalty agreements, production contracts,
- Facilitating, negotiating and preparation of distribution deals for an entertainment project.
- Procurement of regulatory and governmental permits, employment and staffing matters, and handling on-set risks, barriers to production, claims, and complaints.
- Working on financing agreements for sponsorships, bank loans, co-production investments, grants, and other types of investments.
- Preparing agreements for clients, such as appearance releases, location releases, and license agreements.
- Serving as day-to-day “General Counsel” helping our Clients navigate legal and risk management issues as well as reviewing contracts and other legal documents to analyze rights issues or other business or legal questions.
- Representing our Clients in entertainment- related litigation and arbitration.
- Corporate Structuring
- General Counsel Services
- Risk Management
- Constrution, Real estate, and Land Use